Planning a visit to the Rock Point Park property?
If you are planning to visit the Rock Point Nature Area property, please keep in mind that this is now a natural wilderness area, and certain guidelines exist for its preservation. The nice folks at the Wild Waterways Conservancy (owners of the property), and the members of the Rock Point Boat Club (tenants and volunteer caretakers of the property), respectfully ask that you adhere to the following:
- You are welcome to visit the property, but please realize that there is very limited parking, and you should not park in a manner that could cause damage to the vegetation, or natural (or historic) features.
- The removal of anything (natural or man made) from the property is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, historic remains or artifacts, and natural rock material (including fossils & minerals).
- The harming or removing of any plant or animal life is strictly prohibited. This includes hunting, or trapping, or the cutting of plants or trees. Fishing is permitted (with valid Penna. Fish & Boat Commission License).
- Camping and/or building of fires is not permitted. The property is available for day use only.
- The use metal detectors, or any kind of digging tools or equipment, is not permitted.
- Leave nothing behind. Do not litter or leave any trace of your visit. Please keep the property clean and pristine so that others may enjoy it as much as you have.
- Off road vehicle use is not permitted. All vehicles are required to stay on the permanent roadway. The use of bicycles, motorized dirt-bikes, and ATV’s is strictly prohibited in areas other than the permanent roadway.
- The use of the property is "at you own risk". Please remember that this is a very rugged natural area with many hazards and pitfalls. Hiking in the areas off the main road can be very dangerous, and should be attempted by capable hikers only.
Remember, the main access gate is only open at certain times of the year. It is open daily during daylight hours during late Spring, Summer, and early Fall, but is only open weekend daylight hours in late Fall and early Spring. It is closed during the Winter months. On days the gate is closed, it is permissible to park outside the gate and walk in. Please remember to park in a manner that will allow other vehicles to pass (in case of an emergency).
The property has no drinking water, toilets, communications, or emergency assistance facilities. It is recommended that you come well prepared to handle your needs during your visit.
Enjoy your time on the property, but please leave it as fresh and alive as it was before your visit.